The fall is here and that means the dances are back at the Madison Arts Barn. This Friday, October 5th will be our first 6th grade dance of the school year. The following week, Friday October 12th will be a 7th grade dance and Friday, November 16th will be an 8th grade dance. All the dances are high energy and lots of fun. Boppers DJ’s provide professional entertainment and for those that like the party but don’t like to dance there is basketball, ping-pong and foosball tables. Our cafe will be open for drinks, snacks and glow in the dark and LED novelties. All the dances are from 7-10 PM and Admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased in advance to avoid lines at the door at http://madisonartsbarn.org/?page_id=178. Parent volunteers are always needed and if interested email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for Daddy Daughter pictures or the winning SuperBowl Commercial Competition videos. How about building a Dream Box, learning to skateboard or do you want to solve a Murder Mystery? Check out all that is going on now at the Arts Barn. For details on events check out past posts.
1. Daddy Daughter Dance Pictures for both sessions are now posted.
2. 2012 Super Bowl Commercial Competition Winners and videos are now posted.
5th & 6th Grade Winner – Kevin Lariviere – The Magic Tube
6th & 7th Grade Winner – Sean Marrinan – Doritos Addiction
High School Winner – Nina Donoghue & Zoe Makoul – Thinking
3. Adventures in Wood – Sponsored by Madison Youth & Family Services and the Arts Barn – 8-week program, beginning
March 29th changed to April 12th where participants explore their personal and community goals while building and decorating Dream Boxes.
4. Creative Creations – Monday evenings beginning April 2nd at the Arts Barn. Come help us create our next big event. Help with decoration and sets. Creative skill is appreciated but not necessary. Currently working on building the town of Cactus Gulch for the Murder Mystery Dinner.
5. Skate Camp for beginners – Week of April
2nd (changed to April 9th) come learn the basics of skateboarding.
6. Magic Card Tournament – April 2nd – Open to High School Students.
7. Poetry Slam/Coffee House – Co-Sponsored with the Scranton Library –
April 7th (postponed date TBA.)
8. 6th Grade Dance – April 13th – 7-10 PM
9. Skate Workshops for Intermediate Skaters – Tuesday and Thursdays beginning April 24th for two weeks.
10. Murder Mystery Dinner – April 28th from 6:00 – 8:30 PM. Come visit Cactus Gulch and help us find who killed Dusty Jones, the owner of the goldmine. Community event open to everyone!
11. 7th & 8th Grade Dance – May 4th – 7-10 PM
12. Kid’s Energy Expo – Come join us to experience a day exploring. Exhibits include; make your own smoothie, make your own trial mix, yoga, karate, dream interpretation, chair massage, personal training, Didgeridoo, Skateboarding, Shaman power animals, reflexology, angel card reading and more.
13. 4th of July Parade Float – May 13th – 3-5 PM – Informational Meeting
14. 6th Grade Dance – May 25th – 7-10 PM
Any questions or if you want to get involved let us know. Hope to see you at the Barn soon!
This Friday night February 17th the Madison Arts Barn is hosting a 7th grade dance. Boppers will be there providing great music and entertainment. Doors open at 7 PM and admission is $10. Buy your tickets here under “Buy Event Tickets” so you don’t have to wait in the cold or buy at the door.
This Saturday night February 18th the Madison Arts Barn is holding it’s monthly Open Mic night. Come share your talent or just sit back and enjoy the show. Doors open at 7 PM and admission is $5. Tickets sold at the door.
Hope to see you this weekend. Don’t forget to visit our Facebook Page “The Madison Arts Barn”.
This Friday night February 3rd there is a 6th Grade Dance at the Arts Barn from 7-10 PM. Boppers will be providing the entertainment and admission is $10. Buy your tickets online under Buy Event Tickets or at the door.
This Saturday night February 4th the Madison Arts Barn is holding its First Super Bowl Commercial Competition viewing and voting party from 6 – 8 PM. Students from 5th to 12th grade have created original commercials and we will open the Arts Barn to come and see what they have created. Admission is $5 and includes a drink and unlimited popcorn. This event is open to all ages. Buy your tickets online under Buy Event Tickets or at the door.
This friday night, January 13th from 7 PM to 10 PM the Madison Arts Barn is having a dance for 8th grade students. Admission is $10 per student.