Due to continued vandalism the SkatePark will be closed until further notice. If you have any questions please call The Madison Arts Barn at 203-245-2689.
There is so much going on at the Madison Arts Barn this summer there is something for EVERYONE!!! We are having day camps for students entering 5th grade and up, workshops, lessons, tutoring and social events. We have already listed several day camp options and more will be listed very soon. You can see the summer camp listing with their descriptions and registration information by clicking the summer 2012 tab above. You do not want to miss The Famished Games based on the popular Hunger Games series. Come explore all the districts of Panem. Teenagers come learn survival skills with Erik Becker! Erik has taught these skills at Bushy Hill for years and now is offering this very popular program at the Arts Barn. Coming soon we will be listing our art camps and lessons which will include many different mediums; rock band camp; skateboarding lessons; small group affordable tutoring in Math and Language Arts; social events and so much more… Bookmark this website and check back often for new listing. You can also like us on Facebook to hear about what is going on.
Are you looking for Daddy Daughter pictures or the winning SuperBowl Commercial Competition videos. How about building a Dream Box, learning to skateboard or do you want to solve a Murder Mystery? Check out all that is going on now at the Arts Barn. For details on events check out past posts.
1. Daddy Daughter Dance Pictures for both sessions are now posted.
2. 2012 Super Bowl Commercial Competition Winners and videos are now posted.
5th & 6th Grade Winner – Kevin Lariviere – The Magic Tube
6th & 7th Grade Winner – Sean Marrinan – Doritos Addiction
High School Winner – Nina Donoghue & Zoe Makoul – Thinking
3. Adventures in Wood – Sponsored by Madison Youth & Family Services and the Arts Barn – 8-week program, beginning
March 29th changed to April 12th where participants explore their personal and community goals while building and decorating Dream Boxes.
4. Creative Creations – Monday evenings beginning April 2nd at the Arts Barn. Come help us create our next big event. Help with decoration and sets. Creative skill is appreciated but not necessary. Currently working on building the town of Cactus Gulch for the Murder Mystery Dinner.
5. Skate Camp for beginners – Week of April
2nd (changed to April 9th) come learn the basics of skateboarding.
6. Magic Card Tournament – April 2nd – Open to High School Students.
7. Poetry Slam/Coffee House – Co-Sponsored with the Scranton Library –
April 7th (postponed date TBA.)
8. 6th Grade Dance – April 13th – 7-10 PM
9. Skate Workshops for Intermediate Skaters – Tuesday and Thursdays beginning April 24th for two weeks.
10. Murder Mystery Dinner – April 28th from 6:00 – 8:30 PM. Come visit Cactus Gulch and help us find who killed Dusty Jones, the owner of the goldmine. Community event open to everyone!
11. 7th & 8th Grade Dance – May 4th – 7-10 PM
12. Kid’s Energy Expo – Come join us to experience a day exploring. Exhibits include; make your own smoothie, make your own trial mix, yoga, karate, dream interpretation, chair massage, personal training, Didgeridoo, Skateboarding, Shaman power animals, reflexology, angel card reading and more.
13. 4th of July Parade Float – May 13th – 3-5 PM – Informational Meeting
14. 6th Grade Dance – May 25th – 7-10 PM
Any questions or if you want to get involved let us know. Hope to see you at the Barn soon!
Come learn the finer points of skating from two of our best skateboarding instructors, Johnnie Wilson and James Munro. This four day series is for those skaters who already have a handle on getting around on a board, but want to improve their skills and learn how to approach the more difficult maneuvers. (Our park is now a skate-at-your-own risk park that is open from sun-up to sun-down. It will be closed during these sessions to everyone outside this class to ensure each skater is given the individual space and attention required for success.)
- Tuesdays and Thursday, April 24th, 26th, May 1st, & 3rd — afternoons from 4:00 to 5:30*
- Cost $150** for all four sessions
- Space is limited to 10
- Helmets and Pads are required!
* rain dates with be arranged **$40 per day
The Friends of Madison Youth are very excited to once again be offering lessons for wanna-be skaters on our skatepark . This 5 day “school” will be held the week of April 2nd though the 6th, 2012 from 4:00pm to 5:30pm. Two of our most experienced skaters, who have both taught for us in the past, will be working together to provide each new skater with a basic understanding of art of skateboarding. Emphasis will be placed on safety and helmets/pads are required! They will be starting from the ground up, but will gear the lessons to suit each child’s ability levels.
- Week of Monday April
2nd9th through Friday April 6th13th, 2012
- Instruction will take place from 4:00pm until 5:30pm (Park will be open until sun-down)
- Instructors: Johnny Wilson and James Munro
- Cost is $150* (PayPal on this site under “Buy Event Tickets”) or $35/day (pay in-person only)
- Space is limited to 12
- Age 6 and up
- Must have a skateboard, helmet, and pads
*$10 discount for siblings
Please call the Arts Barn if you have questions; 203-245-2689