There is still time to sign up for this exciting program at The Madison Arts Barn. Come join us for an after-school adventure to explore personal and community goals while building your own dream box and race cars for children in need. Space is limited so sign up now under buy event tickets.
Are you looking for Daddy Daughter pictures or the winning SuperBowl Commercial Competition videos. How about building a Dream Box, learning to skateboard or do you want to solve a Murder Mystery? Check out all that is going on now at the Arts Barn. For details on events check out past posts.
1. Daddy Daughter Dance Pictures for both sessions are now posted.
2. 2012 Super Bowl Commercial Competition Winners and videos are now posted.
5th & 6th Grade Winner – Kevin Lariviere – The Magic Tube
6th & 7th Grade Winner – Sean Marrinan – Doritos Addiction
High School Winner – Nina Donoghue & Zoe Makoul – Thinking
3. Adventures in Wood – Sponsored by Madison Youth & Family Services and the Arts Barn – 8-week program, beginning
March 29th changed to April 12th where participants explore their personal and community goals while building and decorating Dream Boxes.
4. Creative Creations – Monday evenings beginning April 2nd at the Arts Barn. Come help us create our next big event. Help with decoration and sets. Creative skill is appreciated but not necessary. Currently working on building the town of Cactus Gulch for the Murder Mystery Dinner.
5. Skate Camp for beginners – Week of April
2nd (changed to April 9th) come learn the basics of skateboarding.
6. Magic Card Tournament – April 2nd – Open to High School Students.
7. Poetry Slam/Coffee House – Co-Sponsored with the Scranton Library –
April 7th (postponed date TBA.)
8. 6th Grade Dance – April 13th – 7-10 PM
9. Skate Workshops for Intermediate Skaters – Tuesday and Thursdays beginning April 24th for two weeks.
10. Murder Mystery Dinner – April 28th from 6:00 – 8:30 PM. Come visit Cactus Gulch and help us find who killed Dusty Jones, the owner of the goldmine. Community event open to everyone!
11. 7th & 8th Grade Dance – May 4th – 7-10 PM
12. Kid’s Energy Expo – Come join us to experience a day exploring. Exhibits include; make your own smoothie, make your own trial mix, yoga, karate, dream interpretation, chair massage, personal training, Didgeridoo, Skateboarding, Shaman power animals, reflexology, angel card reading and more.
13. 4th of July Parade Float - May 13th – 3-5 PM – Informational Meeting
14. 6th Grade Dance – May 25th – 7-10 PM
Any questions or if you want to get involved let us know. Hope to see you at the Barn soon!
Come learn the finer points of skating from two of our best skateboarding instructors, Johnnie Wilson and James Munro. This four day series is for those skaters who already have a handle on getting around on a board, but want to improve their skills and learn how to approach the more difficult maneuvers. (Our park is now a skate-at-your-own risk park that is open from sun-up to sun-down. It will be closed during these sessions to everyone outside this class to ensure each skater is given the individual space and attention required for success.)
- Tuesdays and Thursday, April 24th, 26th, May 1st, & 3rd – afternoons from 4:00 to 5:30*
- Cost $150** for all four sessions
- Space is limited to 10
- Helmets and Pads are required!
* rain dates with be arranged **$40 per day
The Friends of Madison Youth are very excited to once again be offering lessons for wanna-be skaters on our skatepark . This 5 day “school” will be held the week of April 2nd though the 6th, 2012 from 4:00pm to 5:30pm. Two of our most experienced skaters, who have both taught for us in the past, will be working together to provide each new skater with a basic understanding of art of skateboarding. Emphasis will be placed on safety and helmets/pads are required! They will be starting from the ground up, but will gear the lessons to suit each child’s ability levels.
- Week of Monday April
2nd9th through Friday April 6th13th, 2012
- Instruction will take place from 4:00pm until 5:30pm (Park will be open until sun-down)
- Instructors: Johnny Wilson and James Munro
- Cost is $150* (PayPal on this site under “Buy Event Tickets”) or $35/day (pay in-person only)
- Space is limited to 12
- Age 6 and up
- Must have a skateboard, helmet, and pads
*$10 discount for siblings
Please call the Arts Barn if you have questions; 203-245-2689
Did you know—April is National Poetry Month? Come and celebrate with us at the 1st ever Barn Poetry Slam / Coffeehouse. In conjunction with the Scranton Library, the Friends of Madison Youth are offering a chance for you to take center stage. You can read/perform an original poem, or share one of your favorites from another author. Poetry books will be available for spontaneous selections. Don’t want to take to the stage? just come and support your friends and have a fresh cup’a joe.
Coffee (from Zen Roasters) will be available along with all the regular offerings in the Mad Barn Cafe. Decaf, a variety of teas, and hot chocolate will also be on hand for purchase—if coffee’s not your thing.
Both participants and audience members will receive a raffle ticket for some great prizes. Earn an extra raffle ticket by pre-registering online at http://bit.ly/poetrycoffee.
Doors open at 6:00, and performances start at 6:30 until 8:30. (There is no admission charge for this event.)
The Game Club at Hand High will be holding a Magic tournament on April 2nd, 2012 from 6:30 to 8:30. Come on down and play!
Come join us for Creative Creations weekly on Monday nights from 6:30 – 8:30 PM starting on April 2nd. Open to 6th grade students and up, including adults. We are constantly creating something exciting at the Arts Barn and would love to have your help. This includes working on decorations and sets for events like our Murder Mystery Dinner, Haunted House or 4th of July Parade Float to name a few projects. No artistic skill is needed but always appreciated. We will be selling Pizza and maybe Hot Dogs at the Mad Cafe for those who want to come for dinner. Come share your ideas and help us continue to put together amazing events! Check out our calendar to see what project we are working on now.
Madison Youth and Family Services and The Madison Arts Barn presents Adventures with Wood. This is an exciting program where you will explore personal and community goals while building and decorating a dream box. This is open to students from 5-8 grade. It is an 8 week program that meets on Thursdays from 3:30 – 5 PM at the Madison Arts Barn beginning on April 12th and running through June 7th. See attached flyer for more info. Registration is limited and you can register on our website under the event ticket tab.
Follow the links below to view all the winning commercials from our 1st Annual SB Commercial Contest. The winners from each school, Brown, Polson, and Hand each won $100.
The winners were:
Just click on the link below to see Casey Davern’s incredible work. There are numerous candids, as well as individuals of the girls with their “date”. I apologize for the delay in sending this. There was a glich in the first couple attempts—but it was well worth the wait.
(You may need to cut and paste the link.)